Membership - Join Us
Orkney Tourism Group (OTG) is a membership organisation that represents all businesses, individuals, and other bodies with an interest in the successful and sustainable development of Orkney as a visitor destination.
There are many benefits to being a member of OTG. By joining the Group, you will have the opportunity to:
Work collaboratively with other members who share your commitment to growing tourism in Orkney.
- Meet to share experience, ideas, best practice, support and advice at networking events throughout the year, including the Industry Dinner.
- Be part of the annual Industry Conference. This year it is being held on Friday 17th March 2017.
Take part in our marketing activities.
- Free listing on visitorkney.com – So far this year the website has received around 207,500 views.
- Promote your offers, late availability and events on visitorkney.com.
- Purchase advertising in the Main Orkney Tourism Brochure (Pre-arrival) and The Insiders Guide (Post-arrival).
- Access to our distribution service which provides leaflets to NorthLink Ferries (Scrabster Foot Passenger Building and all vessels).
Access our training and support initiatives.
- Take part in OTG supported training opportunities and workshops, including the new Digital Tourism Scotland Programme.
- Join the OTG ‘Closed Group’ Facebook page and receive regular up to date information.
- Receive your copy of the The Insiders Guide to display in your business, informing visitors about things to see and do, eating out and more.
Influence our wider representation activity, giving Orkney’s tourism a voice.
- Take part in our focus groups and discussion sessions to share your experience and inform our representation and lobbying work.
- Participate in our surveys, allowing OTG to assess and evaluate the industry and highlight development opportunities.
- Become even more involved and stand as a Director of OTG.
Keep us informed and up-to-date with interesting news and developments in your business so that it can inspire future destination marketing activity.
- Our social media channels are managed through our sister site Orkney.com – By the end of 2016, the Facebook page had over 10,500 page ‘likes’, Twitter had over 2500 followers and our new Instagram ‘Visit Orkney’ page, which was launched in May 2016, had nearly 3000 followers.
- Orkney.com also produces a monthly newsletter, which is distributed through a database of more than 54,000 subscribers who are interested in Orkney.
- OTG works closely with Visit Scotland to guide the destination marketing activity and input from a local industry perspective.
The membership application process can be completed online. By clicking here you will be able to view the membership categories, prices, and complete and submit the application form. Alternatively, if you have any questions, or would like more information, please email us on email@example.com, or telephone 01856 230 300.
We look forward to working with you to make our industry a success.