West End Hotel
Kirkwall|From £85 - £120
Small hotel, in quiet location near centre. Friendly service with a relaxed atmosphere. Local produce used. Private car park.
This hotel offers simple comforts but is still one of the top places to stay in Kirkwall.
In 1824 it was built by a retired sea captain, and in 1824 the hotel became Orkney's first hospital.
Today owners Gifford Leslie and Robert Dawson provide a warm welcome and comfortable guest rooms.
The property has been refurbished in the past few years and is fresh and inviting.
Cost Conscious meals are served in a small restaurant and bar. Fully Licensed to sell alcohol, the hotel attracts both locals and visitors
- Ensuite bath and/or shower, all bedrooms
- Hairdryer in bedroom
- Satellite/cable TV
- Tea/coffee making facilities in bedrooms
- Telephone in bedrooms
- Evening meal available
- Room Service
- Full alcohol drinks licence/licensed bar
- Laundry service
- Private parking
- Limited parking
- Disabled parking on site
- Credit/debit cards accepted
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Garden for residents use
- Packed lunches by arrangement
- Building of historic/literary/architectural interest
- Open Hearth fire
- Vegetarian diets catered for on request
- Special diets catered for on request
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Short breaks available