The Bu at Heddle - Orkneycrofts.com
West Mainland|From £375 - £550 per week
Bu is original Norse. A Bu was a farm prefix, indicating the farm was of local significance, almost certainly the main Landowner of the local farming area, known as a Tunship.
This word was turned into Bulle by the Scots when they took over administration of Orkney from the Norwegians in the 15th century, then again it became replaced with the prefix Hall in the 18th century.
The Bu is a two bedroom apartment at the Hall of Heddle which was converted in 2012 as part of the offering in the range of top rated accommodation that we have for you at Orkneycrofts. It is rated as 4 star accommodation by the STB and holds a Gold award from Green Tourism. The Bu comprises a double bedroom, a large single bedroom, a shower wet room and beautiful and well appointed Kitchen with utility room and a spectacular large sitting room, measuring 40ft x 25ft. The sitting room overlooks the garden and faces toward the Standing Stones and Ness of Brodgar. It is a splendid space.
The Bu is for 1-3 adults though it is often used by a family of four with two children under 10 years who are happy to share the traditional double bed in the single room. It has even higher quality fittings and artifacts as the other properties at Orkneycrofts. Outstanding art and Antiques include nationally recognised artists.
- Ensuite bath and/or shower room(s) in self catering unit
- Hairdryer available
- Bed linen provided on request - free or hire
- Towels provided on request - free or hire
- Television available
- iPod docking station
- Non-smoking establishment
- Washing Machine
- DVD player available
- Private parking
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Garden for resident's use
- Building of historic/literary/ architectural interest
- Open hearth fire
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Children's play area
- Credit/debit cards accepted
- Not all properties/caravans have all facilities indicated
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Short breaks available