Membership - Join Us
Destination Orkney is a membership organisation that represents all businesses, individuals, and other bodies with an interest in the successful and sustainable development of Orkney as a visitor destination.There are many benefits to being a member of Destination Orkney.
By joining us you will have the opportunity to:
Take part in our marketing activities:
- Free listing on the destination website
- Promote your offers and late availability on the destination website
- Receive support promoting your event on the destination website
- Purchase advertising in the Main Orkney Tourism Brochure (Pre-arrival) and The Insiders Guide (Post-arrival)
- Access to our distribution service which provides leaflets to NorthLink Ferries (Scrabster Foot Passenger Building and all vessels)
Keep us informed and up-to-date with interesting news and developments in your business so that it can inspire future destination marketing activity:
- Our social media channels are managed through Orkney.com. Collectively they have over 34,000 followers - Facebook has more than 22,000, Twitter over 4000 and Instagram almost 8000
- Orkney.com also produces a monthly newsletter, which is distributed through a database of more than 59,000 subscribers who are interested in Orkney
- Influence our work with Visit Scotland to guide the destination marketing activity and input from a local industry perspective
Access our training and support initiatives:
- Take part in supported training opportunities and workshops, including the Digital Tourism Scotland Programme
- Join our ‘Closed Group’ Facebook page and receive regular up to date information
- Receive your copy of the Insiders Guide to display in your business, informing visitors about things to see and do, eating out and more
Influence our wider representation activity, giving Orkney’s tourism a voice:
- Take part in our focus groups and discussion sessions to share your experience and inform our representation and lobbying work
- Participate in our surveys, allowing assessment and evaluation of the industry in order to highlight development opportunities
- Become even more involved and stand as a Director of the Board
Work collaboratively with other members who share your commitment to growing tourism in Orkney:
- Meet to share experience, ideas, best practice, support and advice at networking events throughout the year, including the Industry Dinner.
- Be part of the annual Industry Conference.
The membership application process can be completed online. By clicking here you will be able to view the membership categories, prices, and complete and submit the application form. Alternatively, if you have any questions, or would like more information, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone 01856 230 300.
We look forward to working with you to make our industry a success!