Terms and Conditions
Orkney Tourism Group has launched a photo competition to gather fresh, exciting and inspirational images of Orkney.
Photographers of all skill levels are being invited to enter a maximum of three images with the theme ‘Orkney – Islands that stir the soul’.
In addition to a cash prize of £250 for the overall competition winner, entrants could see their work used in Orkney’s next tourism brochure, highlighted on the Visit Orkney website and used on social media feeds, with full credit.
An expert panel will select a shortlist of six photographs, with OTG members voting to determine the winner of the cash prize.
Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over, except for employees of Orkney Tourism Group.
2. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the panel and OTG membership vote is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. Entries should be submitted via email to email@example.com. Entries must be labelled with the entrant’s image name and the location in Orkney where it was taken. Image files must be:
- High Resolution
- Full colour
- Supplied as a jpeg (can be compressed)
- If more than 10mb in size, please use www.wetransfer.com or a similar file sharing site, or supply in a .zip file
Entrants should include their own name, address and telephone number. We regret we are unable to accept postal entries.
4. All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date of 9:00am on Monday 12th September 2016.
5. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright.
6. Entries may be cropped before submission. The actual representation of a natural form, image or phenomenon must be maintained. Altering the image by Photoshop techniques, multiple exposures, compositing is not permitted.
7. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing for the Competition, each entrant grants a licence to OMAG* (Orkney Marketing Advisory Group) to use submitted images for Orkney promotional purposes, after prior agreement and usage rights are discussed with the individual photographer.
8. Entrants can submit up to a maximum of 3 images. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
9. The winning entry will be judged to be the most visually appealing, inspirational and self-explanatory. The winner will be notified within fourteen days of the closing date of the competition. One entrant will win a £250 prize and the image may feature on the front cover or inside the Orkney Tourism Brochure.
11. The winner may be required to take part in publicity.
12. The winners name and county may be disclosed to anyone who writes within one month after the published closing date, enclosing a stamped addressed envelope, to The Orkney Tourism Group, 1st Floor, The Travel Centre, West Castle Street, Kirkwall KW15 1FT
13. The prize as described will be available on Monday 3rd October 2016
14. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reason beyond the control of Orkney Tourism Group and accordingly Orkney Tourism Group may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to Orkney Tourism Group as a result thereof.
*OMAG consists of Orkney Tourism Group, VisitScotland, Orkney Islands Council, Highlands and Islands Enterprise, Orkney Food and Drink, Orkney Craft Association and Orkney Renewable Energy Forum